Thursday, September 8, 2011

What Happened to Labor Day?

I got to the airport a little before 11am today and when I land it will be Tuesday at 5pm. So much for Labor Day this year. As I stood in a loooong line at Air China I started making some funny observations about my fellow travelers. I thought it would be a fun game to write down all of the odd and corky things I see while I am traveling. I figure since I am part Asian I can get away with it??
First up the cute Chinese family of four who had decorated all of their luggage with gay pride rainbow straps. I am guessing they just thought it was pretty or they were showing their support of Chaz Bono on DWTS this season? You decide.
Next up was the guy in front of me who must have been really excited about rocking his new pants, size 38x32. I know this because he left all of the stickers and tags on them!
The check- in process took forever because most people traveling to China are not packing light. I think the average person had at least 5 suitcases but the woman with 13 suitcases won the prize. I am sure everyone was wondering why the white girl only had 1 bag and a nerdy triathlon back pack.
As I type this I am in 6 hours into a 13-hour flight.  Just the flight has already been quite an experience. The first few hours felt like being in a crowded market. People talking really loudly, standing up, walking around, etc. I woke up to a woman standing over me eating an apple with her hand on my head. 
I was hoping to pass the time by watching a few good movies, but guess what? They are all Asian films! sigh
We are supposed to be getting dinner soon, but after the lunch special I passed on I am not holding out much hope for dinner. (Who wants to eat duck on a plane ? Not this girl). I have already managed to eat my weight in trail mix and Kind bars. This could be a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment